Directions: Work with a partner. Answer the questions in the comment section below. Use complete sentences that EXPLAIN your thinking!
1. What are "whole numbers" (hint: think of a vocab word we have been talking about!)?
2. What is the "hole" in Joe's thinking? (What is his misunderstanding about whole numbers?)
3. Which is greater -5 or -4? Use a real-world example that supports your answer.
4. Yesterday, you borrowed $8 from a friend to buy a school T-shirt. Today, you borrowed another $5 from the same friend to buy lunch. Write a mathematical expression that goes with this story problem.
5. Create a story problem that goes with the following mathematical expression: -6 + 7
I can add integers 6.NS.1
How to Use the Math Learning Blog
Need to refresh your mathematical memory? Use this blog to help remind you of what we have learned so far! Math notes, pictures, and examples will be uploaded here to help you out! Just look under "categories" for a specific topic.